While my primary business is making shows, I do offer consultation/expert services on a limited, as-available basis.
Please select the media tab for contact information relating to media appearances. I have appeared as an expert on TODAY and SHOWBIZ TONIGHT (among others) and been quoted in the pages of TIME, EMMY, WRITTEN BY, THE NEW YORK TIMES. Online, I’ve been interviewed/quoted by GAWKER, THE A.V. CLUB, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY and more.
FOR THE INDUSTRY / WORKING PROFESSIONALS
I’ve had the pleasure of speaking to interns at Dick Clark Productions, writers at the WGAw, and countless mixed groups of other early to mid-career professionals.
Topics have included:
- Overview of reality television production
- Understanding story and structure
- Working with creatives / articulating your needs and desires effectively
- Giving effective notes
If you would like to discuss bringing me in to speak to a professional group, please email me at realitytvtroy[at]gmail.com.
FOR COLLEGES, UNIVERSITIES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS/SEMINARS
Past speaking engagements at the university level include panels for the University Film and Television Association and guest lectures at Emerson, Full Sail, and more. I’ve also been fortunate enough to have been a featured speaker at StoryExpo in Los Angeles and TV Writers Summit events in London, Los Angeles and Tel Aviv.
- Customized 1, 2 and 4 hour lectures on reality television production can be delivered live or via Skype.
- Moderated Q&A opportunities welcomed
- Can arrange to have copies of my book, Reality TV: An Insider’s Guide to TV’s Hottest Market, available for resale with a portion of proceeds going to your institution (ask me how this works)
If you are interested in bringing me to a college or university to speak or would be interested in obtaining a copy of a 12-week lesson plan for my book at no cost, please email me at realitytvtroy[at]gmail.com.
I am available for consultation on an extremely limited basis on Skype.
I am also available to write support materials (one-sheets, treatments, sizzle reels) at negotiable costs unique to each project.
If you would like to discuss consultation, please email me at realitytvtroy[at]gmail.com.